Twilio big short Earnings Mover dives -32 % after-hours down 23.25
Twilio beats by $0.03, beats on revs; guides Q2 below consensus; lowers FY17 guidance below consensus (33.94 -0.45)
• Reports Q1 (Mar) loss of $0.04 per share, excluding non-recurring items, $0.03 better than the Capital IQ Consensus of ($0.07); revenues rose 47.4% year/year to $87.4 mln vs the $83.51 mln Capital IQ Consensus.
• Co issues downside guidance for Q2, sees EPS of ($0.11)-(0.10), excluding non-recurring items, vs. ($0.08) Capital IQ Consensus Estimate; sees Q2 revs of $85.5-87.5 mln vs. $87.70 mln Capital IQ Consensus Estimate.
• Co issues downside guidance for FY17, lowers EPS to ($0.30)-(0.27) from ($0.19-0.15), excluding non-recurring items, vs. ($0.17) Capital IQ Consensus; revs to $356-362 mln from $364-372 mln vs. $369.60 mln Capital IQ Consensus Estimate.
• “While we are seeing some changes in the relationship with our largest customer, our momentum across the business continues to be strong, with a 42% year over year growth in Active Customer Accounts and a 62% year over year growth in Base Revenue during the quarter.”
• 40,696 Active Customer Accounts as of March 31, 2017, compared to 28,648 Active Customer Accounts as of March 31, 2016.
• Dollar-Based Net Expansion Rate was 141% for the first quarter of 2017, compared to 170% for the first quarter of 2016.